Last week the theme was the importance of writing a daily diary, preferably in the morning, to get to know yourself but also to show to yourself continuously and symbolically that you, your feelings and thoughts are important.
If you have read my other posts you will recognise my suggestions of other posts to include every day in your diary:
1) your mental state
2) feelings that are present at that moment and their levels of intensity as well as their messages and suggested actions from you
3) thoughts and important themes on your mind
4) 3 things you are proud of
5) 3 things you are grateful for
6) Also, reread your 10 positive traits and your old entries of what you are proud of and grateful for as well as your life goals. This will help you with a more mindful and self-enhancing focus. See free downloadable templates and materials that can help you.
Sunday will then be the day for reflection of the whole week when you can make a summary of all the free writing and the insights that you have generated during the week. This you can later connect to your future actions in the life goals that we are about to develop on Mondays.
In your Sunday ritual you can also schedule activities to honour yourself, maybe two kinds, to take care of both your body and mind, since both are trying to serve you at best ability every day in your life.
Sundays could also include reflection themes such as: How do I feel about where I am today in my life… What do I have that I am grateful for and that I want to celebrate… What have I done well/accomplished this week that I want to celebrate… What are the most important insights this week… Hence, what do I want to do differently going forward and how… I will honour my body today by doing… I will honour my mind today by doing …
#honouryourselfactivities #reflectiondiary #mentalrecovery #mindfulactivities #selfrespect